Here I am sitting with my foot up, counting down the hours until I can get this cast off on Tuesday (72 hours if you are wondering). I want to soak in the tub, scrub the bod, and bushhog my left leg. DH and Kid have gone out for the afternoon-volleyball practice, haircut for her, and most likely wandering around the bookstore for her dad. What he doesn't want to sit in the salon waiting for her? Can't blame him. When I take her I either bring a book or mosey over to Books-A-Million myself--though that is dangerous. I sometimes treat the bookstore like a library and that breaks the bank easily.
I have signed up for a graduation ceremony for the University of Phoenix in June, students from Washington, DC, Northern Virginia, and Maryland will be attending (associates, bachelor's, graduate, and doctoral). I really didn't want the fuss, but secretly am glad that DH pushed me into it. Gotta toot your own horn sometimes. ;)
Mixed reviews on the weather this weekend-snow or no snow? Guess time will tell. If it snows it will be gone by Monday when it will be in the 50s. Winter was lacking in Northern Virginia this year, but goes to show you never can tell and it was better than "Snowmaggedgon" that shut us down for a week. Though as a nurse you still have to go to work. Ugh.
I have four seed starting trays prepped. Now I just need to soak the peat and get the seeds in there. Haven't been able anywhere to buy seeds and have tried to limit my online shopping while recovering from surgery, so will have some flowers and herbs started. This year I will have to buy tomatoes, etc., from the nursery. Going to try the tomatoes in containers on the front steps instead of the raised bed in the backyard. The corner we put the bed doesn't get quite enough sunlight for tomatoes--they are sun hogs.
My cast is putting just enough pressure, probably from the stockinette liner, on the front of where you foot and ankle meet that it is driving me crazy. How am I suppose to concentrate when all I want to do is break this thing off of me?
No comments:
Post a Comment