Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Got some work done on my Practicum today.

Okay-note to self if you hear of anyone ever doing one of these tell them to limit their steps if possible. If I have to print this whole thing out I will kill a forest and wreck some ozone with the ink I will go through.  The powerpoint is looking good.  I do like playing with backgrounds and arranging the slides to look just so. 

Am going completely stir crazy with all the sitting I have had to do.  Good news-got approved for an extension on my short-term disability through the 4th of March.  Not that I want to be out of work that long, but it is giving my foot a good head start on healing the way it should.  I also am making some money at least. 

Kiddo has to bring French food to her language class tomorrow morning.  I hobbled with my crutches into the kitchen this morning and put together pan du campagne (loaf of bread) to take with some softened butter.  Can't get more French than bread.  The students are a little young for wine and I don't think I have any French wine in the house anyways-just American and Italian.  Reminds me I better check on that loaf to see if it has risen enough.

I decided that today was the beginning of a LOTR marathon-a movie trilogy that I love, but don't have to watch continuously to know what is going on.  Great for working on grad school.  After LOTR, I think it will be Harry Potter or Indian Jones or The Mummy.  Watching regular TV is actually to distracting with the commercials and decent shows ending and junk coming on.  Have to keep switching channels.  Also needing to change discs for LOTR is a good reason to have to stand up and move around even if it is on crutches.  I swear I am becoming one with this chair.

1 comment:

  1. LOTR must be in the air, because we watched the animated on Sunday - followed by the first installment of the regular one. Love them!

    ReplyDelete