Saturday, July 16, 2011

Starting a blog. AKA procrastinating working on Grad school

So here I sit in front of the computer.  Time for another paper and I really could give a rat's a$$.  Does the world NEED another paper on quality improvement/quality management in health care.  Answer: NO!  But I have to write  700-1100 words on just that topic.  Bored to tears yet???  I am. 

What is more interesting is the apparent incompetence of certain unnamed surgeons that feel so inadequate, and rightly so, that they have to make up for it in bravado and rudeness.  I am adding the one today to my if-you-let-surgeon xyz-operate-on-me-I-will-come-back-to-haunt-your-sorry-self tattoo.  What a boob.  At least the assist is great at their job and the patient was okay. 

Then I get a call later from the nursing supe saying that I didn't fill out the blood monitoring paperwork.  WTF.  I didn't administer any blood.  How did my name get mixed into this?  Oh, wait, the CRNA didn't do it, so since they aren't working again at my facility for again for another 2 weeks somehow this is my responsibility???  Nope.  Send the paperwork to the anesthesia group and have someone there fill it out. 

At least my kid still loves me, my husband thinks I am pretty fantastic, my dogs adore me, and I haven't committed mother-in-law-acide....yet. 

I realize that MIL has to live with us because she is broke and my deadbeat brother-in-law isn't much better, but can't she actually talk to me versus running away like a scared rabbit?  I am not that frickin' intimidating.  I am just damn direct and don't mince too many words.  It has been a year already, but do I have do all the reaching out??  If I was perfect I would, but I am not and never will be.  Two way street lady. 

No comments:

Post a Comment