Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Low carb and struggling and MIL rant

Why does the world seem to be full of carbohydrates when I am trying to finally take care of myself and shrink my fat behind?

Cake at work, cookies at home, etc.  What is a carb-addict to do?  Give in? Or get herself to Walmart and stop up on some low-carb "treats."  These are the treats that make you feel like you had something decadent but are so full of malitol or fiber that you are running for the bathroom before you know it.  At least they help with regularity while in induction.

I started Atkins again (the third time is a charm right??) a month ago.  This is how it went: great first two weeks, husband, daughter, and MIL (who lives with us and that is worth an entire blog post itself) were very supportive.  I was thinking "this is great. DH who has done Atkins very successfully in the past is onboard with me and I am going to rock this."  Fast forward two more weeks-lots of call in the OR, no one is cooking at the house to include the MIL who is a trained chef BTW-though some of her stuff like that chicken tomato, mushroom, artichoke, pesto thing last night was disgusting, and I am going on no sleep. What does that equal-eating junk and more junk. 

This has turned into a "poor little me" post and I really don't care.  Better to get it down on paper than to strangle my MIL. 

I realize that between my husband and my brother-in-law we were always the ones to end up with MIL, but come to find out that brother-in-law is part of her financial worries, because was stupid and co-signed school and business loans for him and she is now repaying them!  Where is he-working and spending his money on pot.  Idiot.  She has already declared bankruptcy once and without living with us she would be headed there again.  I would just like to hear a "Thank you" one time for letting her live here.  Just once.  Haven't heard it after a year.  Does this make me a bitch?  Yes.  But doesn't it make her one as well??

No comments:

Post a Comment