I know I do better on low carb. (I used to call it a "diet" but diet is the new "f" word and my squeaky, clean Catholic girl upbrining and a massive amount of guilt, won't let me swear very often.) Ever since I picked up that bread last weekend, I haven't stopped the carbs! I was doing great and had dropped 4 pounds during my two weeks of induction.
Life is so stressful right now...whine, whine, whine. My dad would be asking me if I wanted some cheese with that wine about now. Ugh...and he would be right! Darnit! :)
So where am I failing in taking care of me?
Well, there is no plan? No grocery shopping list plan. Can fix that!
Mother-in-law, who does half the evening meals, just can't seem to stop coating everything with bread crumbs! I bought her the newest Atkins book to read because she seemed to want to support my healthy life goals. Well, I can see the writing now--I am getting passive-aggressived. Okay. You don't buy the groceries because you have no money, well guess what lady? Pantry clean out tonight and simple junk carbs are out of here!
Am I a horrible person for wanting her to at least try to strike up a conversation with me after a year of living in my house?? How about a thank you for letting me live here rent free and paying for my utilities, my groceries, and my car insurance and spending $600 on getting my car fixed for me? Sigh. Yep, terrible person, but human. Gee, I suck at emulating Mary. I am most definitely Martha....
So again this turned from a why am I not taking better care of me blog to a rant about my MIL. Have to get over this. I am going to try the write down one nice thing about her a day trick and see if that will work. Might have to be the same thing for many days in a row...
I love my husband and that is why she lives with us instead of my deadbeat brother-in-law, but if he keeps inviting her on family vacations I think I will have to strangle him.
No comments:
Post a Comment